Sunday, November 27, 2011

Creative Essay:10 years later


picture of Paris

           My eyes popped open. It’s the day I’ve been waiting for years- I’m going to EUROPE! It’s 5’o clock in the morning. At this time, I am never awake usually. I always rise up at seven; I get pretty busy because of that, but I can’t help it. But today, oh my, it’s so hard to lie down quietly. I know I should’ve slept some more, but I closed my eyes at two with a sustained effort. My heart was beating so fast I just couldn’t sleep.
           I turn on my favorite song- Joyce Jonathon’s Je Ne Sais Pas. It’s French, and I love the sweet voice and pronunciation. It contributed a great deal to my French, which will help my trip in France. I’m really looking forward to using the French I learned in high school. I re-check my packing. I think it is the tenth time or something. It’s not a typical thing I do either, but I want my trip to be perfect.
           After a leisurely hour of packing, shower, and eating, I step outside, a cute trunk in my right hand. I look up the sun through my new sunglasses. It can’t be better. My boyfriend’s car is waiting for me at the parking lot. He picks up his hat and bows like a chauffeur. With the dazzling smile on his face, he looks so handsome and stylish; he almost looks like he is going traveling. However, he isn’t. He is simply taking me to the airport. I’m going with two friends of mine. Actually, I wanted to go by myself: I’ve done that many times when I was traveling in Korea. I guess it is too dangerous in a foreign country. My parents or my boyfriend would never let me do that. I hope we’ll go along well in the trip.
           The airplane departs at 10 o’ clock, and Incheon International Airport is only an hour away. I have plenty of time, and I can’t wait to fly. He glimpses at me so excited and chuckles.
           “Happy?”
           I can tell he thinks I’m cute. I come up to his expectations: “Of course!”
           A mischievous smile appears across his face.
           “Even though you aren’t going with me? You won’t see me for TWO weeks and you’re happy?”
           Hm.. that’s a hard question. I can’t give up my trip, of course, but maybe I’ll miss him after a few days. I tell him so. Two of us keep talking about minor things until we arrive at the airport. He plants a baby kiss on my forehead.
           “Enjoy your trip, honey.”
           “I will, thanks.”
           I kiss him back, this time a little longer. I close the door and the black Equus drifts off swiftly. Watching him go, I smile again. I get the feeling this trip would be a wonderful one. I turn around and walk into the building. I wore sneakers, so it’s not the usual sound of my heels, but I like the smooth sound of those. I strut like a princess, lifting my sunglasses elegantly. I know I look great right now. Suddenly, a hand hits me behind my back. Ouch!
           “Surprise!”
           There are my two friends: “Jane, Sara!” They look just as great. We hug each other.
           I say, “Ready?”
           Together we say, “Ready!” And we start our trip.



2 comments:

  1. I was looking at Chonghyun's stuff, and I happened to see your name right below. So I was curious and clicked and read this. I like this post! But it rather seems like one of those drama scenes to me. lol. I think I know why you would want to visit France! Anyways, rather than visit, to me, I would want to study abroad in France, during my college years for about a semester. Well later on not only France, but China and other parts of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked this. It's kind of funny because it's so "girly" and what Dennis said. Your boyfriend drives a black Equus??? That's an old man's car. I think he should drive a Kia Morning. And I don't think he should let you go to Paris, because all the French guys will try and steal you.

    Anyways, this was REALLY well written. Seems like a real book (geared towards female teens). If you meet a vampire in France, this could be the next Twilight.

    ReplyDelete

Anything you want to tell me...