Thursday, February 23, 2012

Ode to My Phone (Second Draft)


Oh my friend, my beloved one,
Your sullen face thrashes my soul like a sword,
But that is my destiny for what I have done,
Now I stare blankly at myself being ignored
 
Since one harsh spring day,
When we finally found each other,
My thin sheet of isolation was thrown away,
And I could perform among many others
 
Once you were truly cheerful,
Beaming at calls and texts desperate to reach me
I would smile and send back replies,
Hoping for messages full of love and care.
 
But as too much water drowns the miller,
Too much love fluttered me up above the clouds.
I let precious moments and touches slip through my fingers,
Looking down on your voice stretched towards me.
 


My haughtiness grew like the beanstalk of Jack,
Slowly, but strongly thrusting myself out of your boundaries
You smiled less, not even opening your eyes by yourself
And I, the stupid one, was full of ignorance.
 
Now, the sweet cloudy zone ends
The cold blue sky mocks my shivering
Where nothingness goes on forever, I am all alone.
Warmth and smiles, miles and miles away, I cry out of loneliness.

 
So please, remember
Selfish though, it might seem,
I am dying for you to come and get me,
To clutch my hands tightly with your warm heart,
For my pride and strength is long lost,
And I cannot stand upright by myself
 
But don't you worry even if you can't,
Because I know, you are not a friend after all,
You have batteries bumping in the place of a heart.
Still, you are the only one I can be honest with





5 comments:

  1. Thanks for changing the font. I was able to read through this much more quickly. Again, great sense of pacing and word choice. Grade no longer pending.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your poetry style!~ It's nice and very coherent!:) To me, it is very hard to write poems, I only seem to write good ones when I am in the mood, which is not often. You have to think of every word that you are going to write and its quite the arduous task.(that's why I only write short ones lol). But I guess poetry fits you quite very well! :D You have a nice flow, and even better it is quite lengthy. I personally can never write a poem of this length.
    On the contrary to you though, I think I am the opposite. I never get along with my phone that well.ㅠㅠ I always break it, forget to take it, and never actually use it. I think that's because I had my first phone when I came to KMLA... not used to modern technology. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading my ode:) I really appreciate it.
      And you know, it was not that easy for me either. I put a lot of effort. So don't be so discouraged at your poetry ability; you'll get better and better as you try!

      Delete
  3. Hey I really liked this one!!! You really seem to be attached to your cell phone. Like Mr. Garrioch, I didn't expect much when I saw the title, yes, but I turned out to be wrong; it was a great piece of writing. Great!!!
    BTW, your phone is an Optimus Big from LG. Why not insert a photo of one instead of the iPhone? Or maybe you use the Optimus at school and the iPhone at home? lol Just my imaginations.
    Great writing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I didn't know you wrote a comment here! Thanks for the compliment, you're so nice. And as for the Optimus Big... it was just too bothering. :P

      Delete

Anything you want to tell me...