Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Dark Hole



     This is an underground passage around my home, with a bit of revision... That day, I suddenly felt like taking pictures, so I went out with my bicycle and a digital camera.
As I looked at this underpass- which is a sight I went by millions of times- it felt different. I got the feeling I could make some photo out of it, and here it is. I'm not a skilled photographer, so I didn't really turn out well, but I'm pretty much satisfied.

The dark hole seems bottomless, which is just what I intended. I wouldn't want to go inside.

And this reminds me of a horror movie I watched before, <Darkness>. Fear of the unknown... I slept fitfully that day.

3 comments:

  1. You are off to a very good start, and this is the most impressive "artsy" photo I've seen so far. It has nice structure and lines, and yeah - the message is pretty clear. Don't go down there. Write more about that day and your neighborhood and how taking pictures of it changed your perspectives. You can have some fun with the horror aspect...maybe even suggest that there's a Stephen King-like monster down there.

    Anyways, have some fun and I like your choice. 500 words.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this picture!It seems like one of those scary staircases that little children would play truth-or-dare, to go down. The type of scary stairs that you would see in horror movies, especially because this picture was taken in black and white. This actually reminds me of a long time ago, when I was about 8 or 9 that my brothers and I were able to fool a family friend of ours that there was a monster in the basement of our house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you change your font please? This one looks like there's never a period at the end of each sentence. It makes me crazy.

    ReplyDelete

Anything you want to tell me...